Jefferson County Coroner, Dr. Greg Davis, Chief Deputy Coroner, Bill Yates, and Dr. Darlene Traffanstedt, Medical Director from the Jefferson County Department of Health join us to talk about the alarming trend in overdose deaths due to fentanyl laced drugs. They explain the numbers, where this is happening in Jefferson County, the shift in demographics and discuss resources listed below.
* Free naloxone and fentanyl test strips available to anyone in the state of Alabama at our website www.jcdh.org/naloxone
* Community organizations that wish to discuss overdose prevention and education training can call our team at 205-930-1065 or email at email@example.com
* 24/7 Substance Use Helpline 1-844-307-1760
* Recovery Resource Center 205-458-3377
* Parents can go to www.apcbham.org or DEA’s One Pill Can Kill website for information on how to talk to their children
* Substance use treatment options can be found on the Connect Alabama App or findtreatment.gov